• Dec
    Posted in:
    Posted by: Jarve Kaplan Granato Starr

    How to Report Improper or Unsafe Equipment on a Job Site

    Reporting Unsafe Equipment

    No matter what type of work you do, you are entitled to work in an environment where you are safe. For those who work in construction, it is vital to your sense of confidence as well as to your safety that your employer and those who are working on your job site pay attention to safety rules, eliminate hazards, and ensure that all equipment and materials are appropriate and safe. Doing so not only protect you, but protects them from being charged with negligence or having to pay increased insurance rates as a result of claims being filed against them. There are specific processes in place for how to report improper or unsafe equipment on a job site, and the attorneys at the New Jersey law firm of Jarve, Kaplan, Granato & Starr, LLC encourage you to take all of the appropriate steps to follow these procedures. If, however, you are injured as a result of an unsafe work environment, or if you follow these procedures and no corrective action is taken, we are here to help.

    If you are employed on a construction job, it is definitely in your best interests to take the appropriate steps to prevent a construction site accident. The first step that you should take is to report it to whoever is responsible for safety on the site. This may be your direct supervisor, a job steward, or whoever you report to. If they do not take corrective action to keep the construction site safe, then the next step is to escalate your reporting to the appropriate state, local or federal agency. The federal agency that is responsible for job safety is the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. It is their job to investigate accidents after they occur, as well as to look into reports of unsafe work environments. If you wish to contact OSHA to file a safety or health complaint, there are a few ways that you can do this. You can contact them online, where they have a convenient complaint form available. You can also download that form, print it out, complete it and either mail it in or fax it to them directly. Finally, you can reach them via telephone at 1-800-321-OSHA.

    There are also state and local safety agencies that can be very helpful in looking out for the wellbeing of construction site workers. Additionally, an experienced workers’ compensation attorney or personal injury attorney will be able to help you if no action has been taken and you end up suffering an injury as a result of the lack of attention being paid to safety on the site. The attorneys at Jarve, Kaplan, Granato & Starr, LLC are available to provide you with legal counsel and representation to ensure that you get the justice and compensation that you deserve if you are injured in a construction site accident. Contact us today to learn more.

Tell Us How We Can Help

Enter your information and we will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your case. There is no fee and no obligation.